Button link to hidden tab

Has anyone figured out/does the functionality exist, to link to a hidden tab from a button? I tried but its not working for me. Or in the least, link to a tab in the menu- that is not working for me either.

Navigate to Tab (not link to tab) definitely works for Menu tabs.
My understanding is that hidden tabs cannot be used at all.

2 Likes

ok, that will work. Thanks Darren. Would be cool though to send them to a tab that is hidden so we have a way to make things appear not so overwhelming/massive long menu list. Maybe some day…

1 Like

I had this problem as well. What I did was to group similar functions together into a single tab.
For example, I had a bunch of admin related tabs. For these, I created a single “Administration” tab that just has a bunch of buttons. Each button navigates to a separate admin related screen. Maybe a similar approach to that could work for you?

3 Likes

I hear ya, I have a little bit of that and it helps- maybe my app is just getting too big/beyond a normal case use scenario (70 sheets). Shouldn’t be an issue on other projects.

1 Like

If you use the Link to Screen action on a button, it will open a new screen that you can treat and design just like you would a tab. I realize sometimes we tend to design a tab first and later change our mind and want to access it via a button instead of a tab. Unfortunately you’ll have to redesign the Link to Screen view to look like the existing tab looked.

1 Like

Hi, I also tried this but I solved with navigate to tab and then I designed the related page.

Shouldnt design first if you dont want to put a tab :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bahadir, you are so right. My first app and I had not idea what I was doing(still don’t actually hahahaha) or how large this project would end up being which is now kinda nuts at 70+ sheets. Next time I will use your approach to keep the number of tabs down. Thanks bro.

1 Like