šŸ› BUG: Multiple Buttons Displaying Despite Visibility Condition

My appā€™s URL: schoology.glideapp.io

So, I tried doing a screencast in Chrome, but neither Screencastify or Nimbus are working right now in Chromeā€¦weird.

Anyways, I have 4 different buttons set up in Glide to where only 1 button will show up, depending upon the Media Type Iā€™ve specified in Google Sheets. Itā€™s a very simple visibility condition Iā€™ve set up in Glide to where ā€œif Media Type is __________, then it will show the button.ā€ Up until now, Iā€™ve only had one media type specified in Sheets, which was Video, and only one button always displayed, which worked great. But, I just put an entry in Sheets where the media type is Document, and now itā€™s showing 2 buttons, shown below.

m1

Is this a bug, or do I just have this set up the wrong way? I have another app where this has worked perfectly, but for some reason, itā€™s not working in this one.

Keep in mind that the conditions require things to have an exact match. It is case-sensitive and a single space will also break it. Can you check if things fall into those cases?

Just checked and everything matches up and should be good. Still displaying 2 buttons though.

Could you tell me how exactly to reproduce this bug? Where do I go in the app?

Scroll down to the bottom and click on Tips & Tricks, then click on the one entry there.

It seems that Glide lost track of that ā€œMedia typeā€ sheet column, but didnā€™t remove or rewrite the visibility condition. Did you delete that column at some point, and then later added it again maybe?

Glide shouldnā€™t show the condition as still working, obviously. This is a bug weā€™re aware of.

I didnā€™t delete the Media Type column, but I did add a blank column to the right of it, and then quickly deleted it when I realized that I didnā€™t need that column.

If Video, Document are Text then you can use contains for the match. This should solve your issue for now. I will check this condition myself and let you know.

1 Like

Ok, I thought I had already checked this, or maybe they just fixed the bug, but when I clicked on the button for the Video media type I specified in conditions, it reset the dropdown choice to blank. In other words, I had to go back into that dropdown and reselect Media Type, and now all of a sudden, itā€™s fixed and showing the correct button. I could have sworn though that the dropdown was showing Media Type last time before I posted. In any case, I guess itā€™s just the issue of creating a column and then deleting it.

1 Like