Black backround is yellow/brownish

[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BsjPQvLrUKyMpLFBciEQV2I8vajOODUM/view?usp=sharing](https://)

Hey guys,

I have the following problem. For reasons I don’t understand, the color black in my app has been yellow-brownish for a few days now. All custom collections where I have chosen dark as the background are displayed like this. In the settings themselves, “dark” is also displayed this way, instead of solid black. Why is that? Ideas? Many thanks for your help.

Looks like you have set an accent colour that isn’t compatible. Try changing it.

Thanks, that worked. But its stranged, because #FCC500 worked just fine for weeks, and overnight in became like this. #FCC500 is my customers brands color, and the black card behind the dashboards just looked so beautiful :frowning:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KyF961FZTX6RVrJMEkeLPzxEGAtJgW89/view?usp=sharing

I think some version of Dark Mode has been deployed. Containers with image background set to darken take on darker tones of our accent color.

I am in the same boat. However I do not have an incompatible accent color.

Hello, We have noticed that the App Settings section under Style the Dark selection has changed from Black (which we want and had) to now it is a Brown color.

Can this be changed back to Black please.
We see this in all browsers and on all OS.

I’m not sure if the current changes will stick but you could try #25282d for your accent color.

1 Like

Hi Eric, We want to remain with our current accent color. We would like to have the Dark color that was once Black be Black again. Not sure why this would have changed? I created a new App and it is the same Brown?

For my apps, it looks like the dark color has changed from a really dark gray to a really dark version of the app’s accent color. Looks like this is a Glide design update.

1 Like

You are correct, the App is making a “darker” version of the Accent color. It was not doing that before. I want the accent to be Orange and the Dark color to be Black.

Team confirmed there’s a new, tinted accented colour for components.

If something looks broken, please let us know in Report a Bug

Thanks!

This is not solved. The issue is we can’t change the Dark color now and it makes our Apps look terrible!

1 Like

I’m following up with the team. :+1:

Update: The team confirmed this is the intended behaviour. The dark colour is now automatically set based on your chosen accent colour.

Okay, so they are forcing us into really bad looking apps. Are they going to give us the ability to change the Dark color ever? Also, please pass along to the team that making these kind of UI changes without any notice is not really appreciated!

The team’s working on a design system overhaul so that there are both light and dark modes available for your Glide apps. To the best of my understanding (since the work is still in progress) this will all cascade from your choice of accent colour.

You got it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.