Basic Table Component

Glide doesn’t see or have any knowledge of google sheet formulas. All they see is the resulting data. I highly doubt that there is any recent change in Glide that affects how Google works. They are completely separate companies.

Like I said. Don’t try to translate something that doesn’t need to be translated and you’ll be fine. It’s a quick fix and the correct way to do it in the first place.

hi,
it need to be translated bro i have done it manually on Google sheet separated away from glide and is 100% works fine

Why, why do you need to translate the url of the image? Is the resulting text any different? It’s an image url, not text that people read. When you go to googles website, do you type in www.google.com, or do you type in www.جوجل.com or www.jujil.com? I ask because the other two don’t lead you to google. So my point is, why bother translating a url, because it does NOT need to be translated.

i understood what are you trying to help about, i’m typing google.com this option is very important as if i have to do it individual manually i would rather close this business or going somewhere else because as this is rely on this option

I don’t know what to tell you. You already have an image column with a url. I don’t know why you need a second one (that’s still unknown why you are attempting to translate) with the exact same url. Just use the one you aready have.

1 Like

Hi,
i know sounds is a bit annoying! let me explain it to you, when client add their own data online whether the language is we need to add this formula to translated on both languages so when it comes th images link which this error appearing recently we are going to do it manually which it cost us extra time wasn’t on our plan since we have built our business on GLIDE

Translate any other text columns all you want using formulas. That is fine. Just don’t do it in the image column. The translate formula is used to translate text. Not boolean, not url’s, not numbers. Just text. I don’t read pictures. I look at them. I don’t expect the ethnicity of the people in the image to change or any text in the image to change. The translate formula does nothing for a url, other than break it. Unless you are trying to show a completely different picture, there is absolutely no point in trying to translate the image url. None. I can’t explain what’s happening to make them break after you run them through the formula, but there is zero reason for doing it in the first place. Copy the url over with a =B2 formula if you want, but don’t try to run the translate formula on the url.

2 Likes

This has been painful to read… and also has nothing to do with the topic title. @Electro1, if you continue to have questions related to the problem you’re having, please create a new topic.

4 Likes

I do admire your patience @Jeff_Hager :+1:

Couldn’t a likely cause be something in the url constitutes an English word. Google translate will translate the word and the url points to a non existing url.

Like xjshskhERRORkehs6

Google translate recognizes ERROR and translates it

But again. There is absolutely no reason for translating an url pointing to glide repository

If you had parameters in the url that would be a different thing. But I believe this url has nothing of that

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to say based on the the limited screenshots, but it does look like a basic glide repository url. I don’t know if something is getting translated inadvertently, or if it’s converting to RTL, or if there is some weird conversion between url to text to url, or what exactly. Just makes no sense to do it in the first place.

2 Likes

HI,
Thanks you gliders for trying to share this issue but my concerned it if anybody can explain to me why in the past 5 months was absolutely working fine?

My guess is you got lucky and maybe exploited an existing bug somewhere that allowed you to get away with it for 5 months. It’s hard to say what one programmer out of 10’s of thousands across a tech stack of multiple products may or may not have done to change your result. In my case, if it’s a problem with my logic, then I don’t waste too much time trying to understand the deep inner workings of google, glide and anything in between. I just fix the problem, move on to the next, and learn from the experience.

4 Likes

Is there a way of showing the title even if the value is empty? It’d be very nice to have, a way of remembering that your are missing a value

They automatically hide so best case is using multiple if then else columns to insert a N/A value.

I know they do, but it would nice if we don’t have to depend on an ite column, that means a lot more work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi
Any way to have more than two columns in this basic table?
Many use cases will have much better visuals if we could have multiple columns (each one with a rather short record to display).
Thanks

1 Like

Not yet…it needs that option though.

2 Likes

I just noticed there’s an open feature request for this. Let’s vote :slight_smile: