Barcode scanner

@raghav_khandelwal Hi, curious what your going to do with this feature once it’s live

I will use it to replace my current barcode scanner, we use a api to scan vin numbers and tags. This will make it a few seconds faster. I need those few seconds :slight_smile:

This showed up in staging a month ago roughly but almost immediately was removed.

1 Like

@Drearystate those seconds all add up. :blush:

@Drearystate The new in staging?
We hope to see it soon in production

3 Likes

Hey! This is going to be HUGE. There is an estimate date of the release? Thank you in advance!

Still no estimate date. I want to have this as well, but it has been in staging for almost 2 months.

3 Likes

Hey Krivo! Thank you so much for this app! I am trying to copy your app to afterwards connect to Open Food Fact product details API. I have a lot of dummy questions:

1. “The app makes use of two scripts (one for pulling json data from the barcode decoder and one for adding new lines in the sheet when somebody enters a new barcode)” Where do I find these scripts?
  2. “Your must make the fillFormula script run onChange” I can’t find the “Current project’s triggers” on my Google Sheet? I have to activate something?
  3. The formula that is on E column of the Barcode scans tab “=scar_barcode()” google sheets says to me is an unknown formula. This is a formula of the scripts?

Thank you in advance!! This is a GREAT work!!

@Eric_Ruiz_Molero
ad 1)
I have now added the scripts as sheets in Google sheet - I guess you have to copy the app again.
Scripts don’t get copied I believe.

ad 2)
In Scripts - click on Edit - select Current project triggers - Create new trigger

ad 3)
That is the formular of the script “importJSON” where I have added an extra function. When you have added the script the function should be available.

Hope you get it to work

2 Likes

It’s working perfectly right now! Thank you SO much @Krivo!

1 Like

@eric Great to hear. Do great stuff - and show if you feel like it. We are always curious :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, of course. Now the challenge is on the Open Food Facts API :wink:

Awesome work!

I’m a newbie punching above my weight here so apologize in advance if any of this sounds clunky.

• I’ve made a copy of the App.
  • Made accounts with both Cloudmersive and Cloudinary.
  • Installed script from google sheet.
  • Replaced Cloudinary api key and Cloudinary pre-url
  • Installed trigger to run on change

I believe I done things semi right but I’m getting tripped up with what urls I need to use.
Example I got 3 urls from cloudinary(“based delivery url” “secure delivery url” “api based url”

If possible I was hopping someone could breakdown what goes where from Cloudinary and Cloudmersive in detail.

Thank you in advance regardless and I hope everyone is well!

1 Like

@Michael_Schiano
You write you replaced Cloudinary api key. In the sheet “General data” in cell A2 you must input Cloudmersive api_key (not key from Cloudinary).

In the sheet “General data” in cell A2 you must input your account which in the dashboard in Cloudinary is called “Cloud name”

Try to put the following in “Allowed fetch domains:” in Settings/Security (in Cloudinary)

https://storage.googleapis.com
https://storage.googleapis.com/glide-prod.appspot.com

I hope that will help you

3 Likes

Thank you for the fast response. I did write that incorrectly but did it correctly as you originally instructed.

I’ve added those to the settings in cloudinary. I’ve done a trail run definitely going to pick this back up tomorrow.

Thank you so much again!
I’ll have updates coming soon!
Cheers!

1 Like

Okay so I’ve checked my trigger. It did run at the appropriate time. I don’t see anything in my Cloudinary account or see any usage from the API for calls. I also notice a difference here: Script Screen Shot|306x499
Not sure if this would cause in issue or not.

Just jumping in real quick here, but Glide will only ever trigger an On Change event. I see you have On Open selected.

3 Likes

All help is welcomed - thank you!
Let me give this a try!

1 Like

@Jeff_Hager i like to see you jumping :+1:

2 Likes

What’s this???

3 Likes

Something new is about to get real :tada:

3 Likes