Bar chart display request

I got some feedback from a client yesterday that the bar chart’s y axis display can be a bit confusing.

I have set up a form with a list of questions that clients can respond to with a value from 1-5 (chosen from an option set).

The y axis on the bar chart that displays the user’s responses shows values that actually exceed the maximum number that users can select in the form question.

As you can see in the first screenshot below, the y axis shows a maximum value of 5.4, even though the user can only select 1-5.

In the second screenshot, the y axis shows a maximum value of 4.2, rather than 5.

It would be great if the y axis showed the real maximum value if the user is choosing from an option set of numeric values.

In other circumstances where they are just inputting their own numeric value, and there is no defined upper or lower limit, then it could show whatever the highest value the user input was.

Hope this makes sense! (And that it is possible)

The issue I am facing is similar.

The Y axis gets quite confusingScreen Shot 2020-10-12 at 10.04.13 PM Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 10.04.21 PM . These are 2 examples of challenges that I am facing:

1. The Y axis is supposed to display percentages which shouldn’t go beyond 100. The Y axis is however scaled as 0,17,34,…,102
  2. The Y axis is supposed to display number of habits adhered to and should be 0,1,2,3,4. The scale however is 0,0.7,…4.2

Is there a workaround for this?

1 Like

Hi - is there a workaround to this? Encountering a similar issue whereby I am displaying a consistent data set with values between 0 and 5 but the y axis changes depending on the min and max values, which means depending on the data displayed the bars are showing on different scales!

Have you try quickchart.io?

2 Likes

Looks interesting, thanks!

I do like the native Glide charts and they look great - hopefully setting a min and max value on the axis can be added in the future!

2 Likes