Announcing the Glide Partner Program

Hey everyone, we’re going to open this up to international folks. I’m looking for 5 people that have Organizations that they are ready to build in.

If you have an app that you’re building for someone else right now, please send me a message!

11 Likes

Thanks, interested when it’s not for the US only.

1 Like

@Jodie_Miners Hi :wave: just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the community.

2 Likes

Thank you. Just about to go live with my first app for a client. It’s been fun!

3 Likes

Excellent, well done. I hope it all goes well.

Hey folks, we ran into some roadblocks in paying international Partners.

The wire transfer fee for international transfers is $20 – which means it’s not going to work for the smaller Organizations.

For international Partners, if you have an opportunity where your partner share (20% of the customer’s subscription fee) is greater than $20, let me know and we’ll go from there :money_mouth_face: .

4 Likes

Hi @Ian, a $20 flat fee for an international transfer sounds a little excessive. Obviously, we all want to streamline the process and keep it simple.

2 ideas to help minimize fees:

• Monito
  • Cryptocurrency transfers.
1 Like

Thanks for the links. Will check them out, Monito looks interesting.

We’re thinking quarterly payments might overcome this hurdle more easily (and result in fewer fees overall).

We’re working on it more this week. If anyone from the community has ideas they want to share, please send them my way, we’re open to input!

1 Like

Me

1 Like

Hi !

I’m building an app for a client, within their organization. i’ll be happy to test

1 Like

Hey folks! Here’s where we’re are.

For non-US folks:

• We will give you an account credit instead of directly disbursing cash.
  • If you want to withdraw your balance as cash, we’ll do a wire transfer quarterly, less the $20 transfer fee.

For everyone
If you have an Organization that you are currently building in please:

1. Fill out your profile here: https://partners.glideapp.io/
  2. Add the Organization under your Profile
  3. Send me a message through the forum

Let me know if you have any questions!

Ian

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

I love seeing the applications come in! We’ve got some great partners that have signed up and we’re looking forward to making our first round of disbursements in November :moneybag::money_mouth_face::moneybag: .

I’ll be reaching out to the Organization owners over the next weeks to verify that you are delivering/have delivered an app and we’ll work on calculating the revenue share at the end of this month.

Please Read
Some Partners have been submitting their own Organization in the app. Please submit the client organization to the app. I’ve also changed the language in the app to make this more clear, sorry for the confusion!

As a result, if you submitted your own Organization, I have removed it for now. Your application/profile is still there, but you will need to resubmit the client Organization to receive the revenue share.

Please reach out if you have any more questions!

Hey folks,

Sadly, we’re shutting down the Partner Program for now. We’ve learned a lot about what we need to create a proper Partner Plan and we aim to put a client billing portal together at some point.

You can see the direction we’re aiming to take here. At present, the overhead is just too high for us to maintain. Please follow that thread for updates and please share your input.

Thank you to everyone who participated!

Ian

3 Likes

Dang. I just booked a big Private Pro App client build for next month. :pleading_face:

I personally don’t really care for a client billing portal. I have my own means of finding, booking, and billing clients.

But 20% recurring revenue on apps I build and clients I bring to Glide would be a game changer for my business.

+1 France

Link is not working

We’ve paused the Partner Program for now.

1 Like