Always open on home tab

G’day all,

Newbie question, so apologies if it’s been answered before, but have searched and searched without finding the answer…

I’d like my app to always open on the home tab, is there a way to do this? Currently if I close the app and reopen it brings up whatever tab/component I was on when I last used it.

Cheers
doc

This behavior is “normal”, not due to Glide but to Android os. When you exit an app using the device keys, it remains in cache for some time. So if you launch the app again, the system puts it back to the screen.

If you close the app, kill all apps running in background, then your app will start as expected (home page first).

Thanks for the help Christophe, but not sure if that’s the issue. I’m viewing the app on iPhone, not android and it still picks up from wherever I left off.

But what I’m after is for my users to be directed to the home tab when they first open the app. That’s where they’ll be able to register for the upcoming workshops.

I really think the issue is about app caching by the device is. Not sure if there’s a way to automatically redirect your users to the home tab, nevertheless as a quick workaround you can add a button somewhere in your screen(s), at the top or the bottom, with a label such as “back to home” or “registration” and set this button with the action “link to sheet” (selecting the home sheet). This is a manual, but it will work.

No worries, thanks, appreciate your advice. Unfortunately that means a lot of users might miss my main offer, so Glide may not work for me unless I can find a workaround… :frowning:

I understand, nevertheless you will have this problem with any other app or framework.

When you launch your Glide app, if it has not been cached by the device os, it will start by displaying first the splash screen (with your app icon) and then will open the main tab.

In your case, if you exit the app and open it again and don’t have the splash screen, it means your app has been cached, so has not been really closed by your device os. You should have a look on your device settings, and ensure apps are closed when exiting, and not remain active for some time…

1 Like

Thanks again Christoph, much appreciated.