Airtable Data Source Available Now! (Beta)

@Amit_Merckado I also experienced this initially. But after refreshing the fields showed up.

@sebastiansolari This is amazing news. Already been testing on it and I am super impressed.

When will it be officially launched? As I have a few apps which I need to overhaul and would like to get them operational.

2 Likes

@Mitch_Thorp It will be available in the next few weeks! :rocket:

1 Like

Airtable linked columns & multi attachment edition still not available, but yes this integration is a great addition. Hope it will be available prior to the official launch.

Hmm what are everyoneā€™s thoughts on migrating from Google Sheets to Airtable as a data source with an existing app/data? It seems mighty painful at first glance but it may be worth it for the value adds that Airtable bases come with

1 Like

YESSSSSSSS no more coupler.io praise tha lawd.

6 Likes

Wow, this will drive adoption like crazy! :clinking_glasses: :clap:

Either provide an option or use the Airtable setting for:

1. Number fields: Option to show as integer/decimal (ignores AT setting)
  2. Number fields: Auto-hide when 0.00/empty (always displays)
  3. Date fields: Option to show/hide time (ignores AT setting).
  4. Users: Cannot switch users in the editor or doing something wrongā€¦
  5. Lists: Filter a relation field with dynamic/user values, currently only (not) empty.
  6. Lists: Use a look-up field as source.

My two biggest pain points:

• Lists for look-up data would be awesome for chain linking. Say for example that a user is related to one or multiple orders, to be able to list all looked up items from those orders, without having to link the user to all items. Glide functionality here is ahead of Airtable.
  • Airtable relation fields (single/multi) are stored as arrays, which are unavailable in a lot of Glide functions. As a workaround, Iā€™m adding an Airtable helper field with formula ={variable}&"" to transform the array into a string. Would be great to use arrays directly for filters, templatesā€¦
5 Likes

Edited: I may have just found the solution - although it imported all of the tables automatically, I have discovered that when I right-click on a specific table in Glide, I do have the option to un-link it. It would be best to be able to select the tables when linking - maybe I will try that again and make sure I didnā€™t miss something.

LifeWave_Team_Ā·_Glide

Now that I have connected with Airtable, here is my first concern - I have several ā€œTablesā€ in one ā€œBaseā€, but it connected with all of the tables when I only want the data from one. This is important because the ā€œOrdersā€ table has over 8K entries, and I donā€™t want to be paying for lines of data that I donā€™t want in my app. My request would be to allow us to import from single ā€œtablesā€ in a larger base, if that is possible. I did not see the ability to do this when I connected with Airtable. Hoping I just missed something?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips!

Hi guys!

Need some help here. I am trying to create record however in the data column, I canā€™t select the airtable column which has link to other tables. How do I workaround this?

Airtable Linked columns edition still not available in Glideā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks

How does the scalability and performance compare to google sheets?

1 Like
3 Likes

Import from Airtable to Glide Sheet would be great then.

If you duplicate an Airtable data table in Glide, it will show up in your project as a Glide Table. Same is true for Excel-based tables.

1 Like

I have a synced Airtable base with about 6,300 records. It lags really hard when I do a refresh it can take 5 minutes sometimes or just crashes. Has anyone else run into these really slow response time?

@Mark At this stage the airtable base isnā€™t even loading when I refresh it. It crashes everytime and gives a ā€œoh sheet!ā€ error. What can I do to fix it? Thanks!

Do you have a link to your app?

Also, a support link?

None of my new data is loading into the app. I tried unlinking several tables from my base in order to lighten the load. The page is still crashing on refreshā€¦ If anyone has any suggestions, Iā€™m willing to try any solution.