Adding Twitter Feed to glide app

I’m going to start looking into adding a twitter feed directly into my glide app. If anyone has any thoughts or solutions, glad to hear!

Goal: Stream Twitter account or hashtag feed in glide app.
Challenge: code for embedded twitter feed in g spreadsheet, permissions conflict?

You can use Zapier to add Tweets to a Google Sheet, then display with Glide: https://zapier.com/app-directory/google-sheets/integrations/twitter

4 Likes

Thanks for tip. I wasn’t SUPER excited about using another extension but the process worked. I created a new worksheet and flooded it with data via Zapier; then on a glideapps added the “List Relation” component. A few layout customization and, Nailed it! :laughing:

5 Likes

Hate to even bring up this name… but what about Facebook posts to public or friends? If David says “can do”, I will bring so much business to Glide you will have to hire an army :smiley:

You can do this with Zapier today.

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Good Sunday, Luke!

Just thought I would check in with you again and see if you would be open to spending a few minutes sharing your experience and insights integrating a twitter feed into your glideapp.

I am being a bit of stalker, I admit. Apologies. I will not intrude on you again if you choose to pass on my invitation.

Thanks for considering my request.

Respectfully,

Michael Kagan

Could be fantastic if somebody (maybe @Luke_TechRancher :slight_smile: ) would create a small video on how to do - and potentially tell about the pricing plan you could use for a twitter import. I’m a Zapier novice - but sound cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Resurrecting this post now that webview component is a thing. Anyone figure out how to embed a Twitter feed (timeline)?

Any tricks @ianjanicki

Is this what you are asking @Robert_Petitto ?
ezgif.com-video-to-gif (2)

I embed Twitter feed on sample web page, hosted this web page on server, and linked it on web view.

I hope this would be helpful.

4 Likes

Webview component. Nice but not available in all Plans. :wink:

That is correct. But as of now, I could only think of it.

1 Like

That’s what I’m after alright. Right now I’m using Taggbox, which works, but it’s subscription based. Thanks for the tip.

And would also great to be able to integrate “Slack” | “Teams” | “Whatsapp” threads …!
and vice versa, to send message from our app forum (if any) to the above usual suspects

Hi guys, I tried the zapier route and the result was less than great. I could not retrieve only the text, and it looked kinda messy. So I created a simple HTML page with the code from here https://publish.twitter.com, uploaded the html file to my server (in my case, I uploaded it to my media on wordpress, and then added it to webview. The result is very nice. I think in this case zapier is a bit of an overkill.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’d like. Can you explain the specifics? What sample web page and what server?

Hi @Robert_Petitto, you need to create an html page with code from https://publish.twitter.com/.

Once your html file is ready, you need to host the file on your server. Alternatively, you can use Netlify to host this page. I host all my websites on Netlify. This is best to host any static website for free.

I hope this will be helpful.

Netlify…neat. That’s the missing piece. I have weebly, Wordpress, etc but none of the the platforms render how I want them in glide.

Netlify Drop and Fast.io for the win!

That’s the idea of a company that has bills to pay, not to make everything available to everyone :wink:

1 Like