Adding columns to a table (for display) and grouping

Hello

Very new to Glide - can’t believe I haven’t found it sooner!

I am struggling to set up a Glide table in pages.

In my Airtable base, I have many fields - but only want to display 4. I also want to group by a Date field.

On one of the How to videos I have watched - there is an option to choose a “Group by” field in the optons pane on the right hand side - but I can’t see it now.

I also don’t seem to be able to reorder how columns are displayed in the Glide App

Any help much appreciated
Andrew

1 Like

@Andrew_Davies :arrow_down: grouping and sorting ‘list’ items

1 Like

Thanks so much @Rosewebstudio

I should have read that page properly - as at the 4th time of reading - I see that grouping is only available for Apps - not Pages.

Hope it gets added to Pages soon. I wasn’t planning on creating any apps - I just want nice Desktop front ends for my Airtable.

Glide looks so good though - mouth is watering at what it can do. Have tried SOftr, Stacker, Pory, On2Air and others - but have got further with Glide in 3 hours than I have with them.

Still can’t work out how to add columns to table though.

Thanks again,
Andrew

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for interfering here!

Grouping feature is not available still for Pages, unfortunately! Hope Glide Team will add it soon for Pages!

Current Workaround for that by @V88 : Feature Request: Group by in Pages - #2 by V88

Sorting is available for Pages!

Still can’t work out how to add columns to table though.

When using Airtable and if you add a column inside Glide Date Editor it will not display in the Airtbale Table because the all basic columns become User Specific

and the Computed columns will not show for sure! If you need a new Basic column to add new information add it inside the Airtable Table and inside Glide click the refresh icon to see it inside Glide!

You can add Computed columns inside Glide and they are only visible inside Glide!

Thank you

Thank you so much @Dilon_Perera Don’t worry about interferring - very helpful!

I can’t quite work out how to do the grouping workaround, but I am still new to Glide so will look into it again. I know my groups so I should be ok. But can’t see how I add multiple collections to a container?)

Just to be clear on adding columns to my table - My source data in Airtable has over 20 columns already - I don’t need to add any more to Airtable. I want to add one of the Airtable columns (fields) that already exists) so it shows in my table in Glide App. At the moment I can only show 3 of them (the fourth is an image only)

Andrew

I believe that’s just multiple collections with different filters.

2 Likes

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late response! Had a competition :upside_down_face:

Back to the questions!

I can’t quite work out how to do the grouping workaround, but I am still new to Glide so will look into it again. I know my groups so I should be ok. But can’t see how I add multiple collections to a container?)

Thinh ( @ThinhDinh ) already gave the answer! :smiley:

I believe that’s just multiple collections with different filters.

I made a Page using Airatble to show you a example :

Editor Mode :

( In the first I showed you the On boarding but you can skip it. Just to show you what inside that Page! )

Preview Mode :

Hope I’m correct!

Or you can use the Kanban component instead of many collections!

Just to be clear on adding columns to my table - My source data in Airtable has over 20 columns already - I don’t need to add any more to Airtable. I want to add one of the Airtable columns (fields) that already exists) so it shows in my table in Glide App. At the moment I can only show 3 of them (the fourth is an image only)

Could you explain this question a bit?

Thank you

3 Likes

You are a wonderful person! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me and sorry for the slow reply.

I must be honest I have been travelling and not had time to work through your suggestions - but have just watched them and they really help.

With regards to my last question (adding columns), let me work through your videos properly and then I will come back. I may be missing something!

Thanks again for all

Andrew

2 Likes

Hi,

Pardon me if I butt in, I may have a similar question, it sounds that he wanted to show one more column in the Collection component (table style) I noticed it can display only 3 columns, I also searching how to show 4 columns. or If possible to show a table format itself would much ideal.

1 Like

in fact, i love the approach itself. as you said we can use Kanpan in that case, but if you want to prevent switching the statues from complete to in progress ten your approach is great, also to have a count of each user project status which could be used by charts.
i really spent considerable time studying your respected video.

Thank you

1 Like

You can’t show 4 columns here. A workaround is to use a button title to display additional info, then that button’s action will be showing the details screen for the item. However the button will only be visible on hovering.

1 Like

Hi ThinDinh, awesome appreciate your time reading and replying.
I manage to do a work around by using container.
Hopefully in future will be able to customize a table here and btw Im using pages so it should not be an issue for cluttered display as my intend audience are using big screen or table.

Great work glideapp team! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi Andrew ( @Andrew_Davies ),

Forgot to inform you that the Group By option is available on Pages now! :tada: And now you have sorting and group by options :partying_face:

Thank you

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi Dilon

Sorry for the slow reply - that’s great news! I can see some other new features too (Data Grid I think is new).

I haven’t subscribed yet - but just been playing and it looks promising!

Thanks again,
Andrew

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.