Adding a Dropdown Menu

Hi guys so I have some data columns on my spreadsheet that are set up as dropdown on the spreadsheet but Glide was not able to create the dropdown when I first linked the Spreadsheet. How do I create a dropdown menu to match with those columns?

To get a drop-down list in Glide, you need to use a Choice component.
A choice component needs a list of options as its source, which must be a single column with one option per row. So to set that up in your spreadsheet or Glide Table, you need something like the following:

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 4.25.35 PM

Hi Darren, thanks for your timely response. So I set up my sheet to use Google Sheet’s [Data Validation] option for the user to select options. Please see the attached image. Can I use this? If not cannot you explain a bit more about what you mean by Choice Component?

dropdown 2

No, you can’t use Google Sheet validation in Glide. Glide only syncs data with your Google Sheet, it knows nothing of your formatting or any data validation rules.

With Glide, you are much better treating your Google Sheet purely as a data source, and minimise (or even eliminate) any special formatting, formulas, etc. All of that is much better done in Glide.

Here is the Glide documentation on the Choice Component:

1 Like

Thanks for your help.