Add record and then allow user to edit

If you’re just trying to get the signed in user’s email, don’t add entry components and then hide.

Use the Screen Value, User Profile, or Special Value components. From the looks of it you should be using the User’s Email Special Value component. There’s no reason to show entry components if you aren’t going to use them.

The only time you need and entry component with a default value, is if you do want to allow the user to change the value to something other than the default.

1 Like

Thank you. I had in the past tried those columns, but didn’t see what they did because I never saw them on the form and never clicked on them to see what it was all about.

1 Like

If you ever have questions, you can find most information in the glide documentation. There is a lot of information in there. Some it shows the old interface, but for the most part the information is still relevant. There’s also some good videos and tutorials that help explain some things.

2 Likes

Yes, I gave up on the videos because they really need to be remade for the new interface. I’ve watched most of them. Watching a video with that is old and outdated just causes more confusion.

1 Like

I hear ya. I have a hard time sharing old documentation with new users if it’s outdated. Once you grasp what the differences are then it’s easier to understand, but I get it. I know they are working hard to update everything when they can.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.