Add a Data Row to Spread Via GlideApp

Hi I am new to Glide App. I am trying to add a new row of data to my spreadsheet using my glide app, instead of creating the row of data directly on my spreadsheet. I am on the free plan as if now testing. I’m not sure if that’s the reason why I cannot do it. How do I do this?

Thanks

What kind of problem are you having?

I am trying to add a new row of data to my spreadsheet already connected to my glide app. For example, I want to add a new vehicle to my inventory but I do not want to add it on the spreadsheet. I want to do it through the app. Hope you got what I mean.

On your form (in this case, it is a tile form), you will have selected the tab of your spreadsheet that is the base table for your form.

Then on your screen, in this case I click on “tiles”.

That makes the option available for a user to add a record:

Which will make the “+” appear in the upper right hand corner

And take you to the add screen…

2 Likes
2 Likes

David thank you for your help. I have one more question. How do I add a button to allow the same user to delete the item added to the spreadsheet row?

Jeff thank you for your help. I have one more question. How do I add a button to allow the same user to delete the item added to the spreadsheet row?

In the documentation I shared, there is a section on Editing and especially Deleting. Those are actions that you can enable when viewing the details of a list item. You will also notice in the document that there is mention of adding conditions, so you can control who can edit or delete a row. When turning on Edit and Delete modes, you can add a condition, such as ‘Email is Signed in User’. This means only the user that created that row is the one that can edit or delete it. You just need to make sure that your data has a column that contains an email. You can fill that email by adding an Email Special Value component to the Add Form.

1 Like

Jeff thank you again for your timely response. I will take the time to read what you provided earlier. One last thing. Can I create a dropdown menu for someone using the app to enter a new data row in the spreadsheet? For example, say I want the user to choose from a list of colors for a vehicle being added instead of typing it in. I was able to get that done when the user is editing the item but it doesn’t seem to show when the user is entering the data for the 1st time.

You can add a choice component for that.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks one more time for your help. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Hi Jeff, I just bumped into one strange problem. I added the ability for users to edit an item. Two of the tabs on my home screen have this function and everything is working well. However, I have one home screen tab with Leads data and that won’t let the user save edited content. The save button appears to be inactive. What am I missing? Please see the attached screen.

you are missing one of the entries or one of them is in the wrong format… maybe your financed or not is a boolean column?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.