🆕 Actions! ⚡⚡⚡

That’s great to hear @david

1 Like

I created an action it was working but now it has stopped.

To click in a list item and Show Form. I already reload several times, logged out, login again and when I click, nothing happens :confused:

Edit: I deleted the inline list component and created a new action and now it worked.

4 Likes

@Jeff_Hager @Robert_Petitto and community, help me see if my take on this is not misplaced. Now that we have “Add Row”, can we not dispense with creating the same copy of a sheet with the array formula we have all gotten used to? When X is filling out a form to populate sheet A, can we not just add a sheet B in the background which gets populated with the info of sheet A, and between which we just create a relation. To sheet A, we apply rowID, and sheet B we keep for public consumption. Do you folks see any issues with that take, and to @david/@Mark from a security standpoint would Glide be concerned if we dispensed with the ArrayFormula?

1 Like

It’s a good idea in theory. The only issue with it at the moment is that the add row component doesn’t wait for the form submission. The action flow is “SHOW form” then add row (not SUBMIT form). it wouldn’t add the form for submission data because the form wouldn’t have been submitted yet when the add row action took place.

3 Likes

Thank you for this!

Feature request:

• Show Edit (detail screens)
  • Enlarge Image
  • Upload image
5 Likes

Did anyone is successful in using the add row option in prod app…it is working in glide editor and not in actual prod App…please help me on this

1 Like

Hi. I am new here and just want to find out if anyone has had any success with the actions for form submission. I want to send a Zap after a new row has been submitted via the form and the reason I need to do it via the form because I need to add specific column values as well as the location of the user. I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you

2 Likes

I would love to know how you did this!!

1 Like

Currently all actions fire off at once. It doesn’t wait for the form to be submitted. I think they are working to change that, but for now you would be better off connecting zapier directly to the sheet to look for new rows.

2 Likes

@Jeff_Hager Thank you for the response, much appreciated. I already tried connecting the sheet separately to Zapier. There is a lag of about 2 minutes for the trigger when I use that method unlike when I use glide as a trigger becomes instant. I have even tried using Zapier webhooks and Google sheets add-on “Trigger & send” but Google sheet does not send the trigger for the webhooks when a new row is added via an API but if I enter data manually, it does send it. This is why it was so ground breaking for me to have multiple actions but until the form submission is fixed, I guess I will have to be patient.

Being able to pull in user profile/screen info when adding a row would be great. Any ETA on this?

1 Like

User profile is already available :smile:

1 Like

You can use an add row action instead of the form, until they add a delay as Jeff said.

1 Like

Weird, I’m not seeing it?

2 Likes

Hi …is add row functionality working in Orod App…?..haven’t got any reply till now on this topic as Iit is not working for me on orod app

I also wrote @david about this.
For me the add row is almost useless without this ability.

3 Likes

You show a zapier action. As of Friday the add row action didn’t have the user profile for some reason

1 Like

Oh my mistake, I attached the wrong screenshot there and not sure if I actually found it in production, but I saw Robert’s comments that they are working on it so hopefully it will be available soon.

1 Like

Not sure if it was the recent update to actions or me moving my app to an Org, but all my compound actions broke with one of them. I think it was the latter, as I am sure I have been testing since the update last week.