🚀 Actions on FORM SUBMISSION!

Seconded!

Need actions for adding new items

Hey everyone,

I could not find any mention of sending a zap after a form submission except for what @Yasin_Hassanien said.

However, I went ahead and made a zap that gets trigger by the form submission. It works well. I love this because I don’t need to wait till the row is created in the sheets to actually send the notification to the app admin.

Thanks a lot Glide team for all the work you guys do. Thanks @Robert_Petitto for always giving us new ideas.

3 Likes

Doesn’t Zapier charge us for those Zaps?

As always—happy to help!

1 Like

Unfortunately nor Whatsapp nor Telegram are available in Zapier.
What do you think is the best app to notify admin?

I have not tried it but I think you can still do it. I will test it out and let you know.

An alternative, depending on where your are is to do what @Drearystate suggested a few months ago and create a text notification with the phone carrier email and Zapier

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Not in the free version.

1 Like

You can use twilio for Whatsapp and custom post by zapier webhooks it will work fine am using it already

2 Likes

Hey @Gerard_Fernandez! Sorry I called you Pablo in the video. :man_facepalming:t6:

This way seems to work well but depending on what you really want, I think that @Yasin_Hassanien’s idea of using Twilio might be better.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto great find! Is this possible with the buy button? Actions after a successful purchase?

Hey @Rob,

I just checked the buy button, due to your question, it seems that it would not be possible since the buy button doesn’t have a way to set up actions.

I might be wrong and @Robert_Petitto has a great idea on how to achieve this.

No problem :joy::joy: Gracias !!
Thanks for the video. Yes it can also be a good way to notify admin, although it is conditioned to the user really pressing the send button in WhatsApp.

I will have a look to Twilio as well

1 Like

I believe it’s possible to send WhatsApp messages from the buy button. In Google Sheets, where buy button entires are submitted, I would do a =vlookup to bring in phone numbers.

Then reach out to the amazing @Manan_Mehta or take a look at his tutorial here.

Summary
5 Likes

I’m wondering how I missed it :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Thanks @SantiagoPerez!

Having this feature for a Buy Button would be a game changer :exploding_head:

1 Like

All the gamechangers people mention :wink:

It sounds like all the features the people are missing. :grin:

1 Like

Hey guys, awesome stuff, but one issue:
I cannot run 2 different actions on submit if the forms are linked to the same source data.

Scenario:
Need multiple ways to capture dates (events, deadlines, holidays, etc.)
Each has their own set of details & therefore separate forms. I figured I can just link all of them to a single data source, with the submit action set to their respective labels using “set column value”.
But surprise, surprise, if I change the label from “event” to “deadlines”, it adds the same value for all!

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Sounds like you’re using the same form (or the add button on a list view). If you’re willing to convert that to a details screen you can add a “Show form” action and configure the same form but with different “on submit” actions.

Ahh! Great idea. Thanks!