Action Triggered from API data in as new record

How would i setup an action to trigger when a new record is sent in via api as a new record. For example, I will have a new contact come in as Name, Email. I want Glide to start an action set upon this data input via api. Is this possible?

Actions cannot be triggered by the API yet.

We’ll have a new Zapier integration available to test this week that can trigger on new rows.

6 Likes

Awesome! I am not a Zapier user anymore, but the fact that something like this is in the work and by the looks of it not that far away is fantastic!

@david would this be strictly a ZAPIER integration or will it be a WEBHOOK receive piece we can use for make.com?

2 Likes

Same question. If we can do it for Make then it would be nice to have.

I haven’t thought thoroughly about use cases though. What would you use it for?

3 Likes

A new row is added in Glide → Trigger an action that send an email.

You could for example trigger notifications without needing to press any buttons.

2 Likes

Say the row is added through a form, then you can already use an on-submit action to do the same thing.

yea but outside of the glideverse we still need this casue we want te leverage other things around glide that all point to glide as the data source… so when someone fills out a form on my website and the data is sent to glide i want the action set to run. This makes Glide 100x’s more powerful minimum

1 Like

That’s a fair use case. Thanks for sharing.

:heart::heart::heart: