🆕 Action to open Edit screen

20 Likes

@ThinhDinh what is use case?

Many of my clients have said the pencil button up top is not very clear for their users to see. They want a floating button to open that edit screen and this is it.

5 Likes

great. i also had many complaints. thanks

2 Likes

Yay! No more user specific “temp” columns! I think!

3 Likes

Love this! Agree that the pencil icon is far too subtle for many users… brilliant!

3 Likes

Hehe, I was looking for this yesterday. I guess I was a day early.

3 Likes

No more playing with link to screen - visibility conditions for the onboarding process! :partying_face:

5 Likes

You can also open an edit screen via a relation…I already have a use case.

1.) User RSVPs for an event by submitting a form
2.) User needs to cancel RSVP? Now a button on the event page itself can open the user’s RSVP edit screen via relation to submission in order to prompt user to delete it
(as opposed to button on event page to open the users submission details screen, user hitting edit pencil, user deleting submission)

7 Likes

Si cool. So this means we don’t have to replicate screens to edit!! Well done glide

1 Like

After edit, you still need to go to top right to click on “Done”, correct?

Yes

2 Likes

Just used it, the feeling is awesome. What’s next glide? Floating button to auto-generate the app?

4 Likes

Just allowed me to remove 54 user specific “temp” columns … sheer joy

1 Like

Great feature, thanks ! Already use it in my current project.

Great job team! :clap:

2 Likes

2 in 1 :tada:

• Create action in component Title :zap:
  • Open Edit Screen :pencil2:

1 Like

Mixing Title + Open Edit Screen action

:shushing_face: Btw, this app will be soon available in Glide Tamplate Store to track and follow your working hours!

8 Likes

This is great

2 Likes

awesome!
I can imagine two more use cases (I haven’t worked them out in detail yet):

• allowing only one editor at a time, by locking the edit button
  • a changelog for app users: copying data when Edit Screen is opened, and comparing this data to new data after submitting to identify changes.
1 Like