2nd login page (smtg like that, read to understand)

I saw someone did a login page for users to edit their details before proceeding into the app and I tried to replicate it but I’m facing some issues. So basically I made the visibility of that tab is when email is signed-in-user’s email, show that tab. This tab will make users update their details when they enter because most users don’t add their name or email properly and also free glide changes their emails into anonymous emails. But here is the issue, like I said above I made the visibility of that tab when email is signed-in-user’s email, so when the user tries to edit the email that glide changed into the anonymous emails, the page disappears and shows invalid. How do I make the visibility of that tab only for the user that is logging in and still allow them to edit their email without showing the invalid page?

^ My app for whoever doesn’t understand what I mean. Try signing-in and then changing your email.

You shouldn’t be changing the email that is linked with the sign in. If you do, then it can and will break many things. If you want to capture a user’s real email address, then I recommend using a separate column to hold that email and leave the original alone.

Ah so make 2 columns for emails, 1 for the anonymous and 1 for editing?

Yes, that’s what I would do. The problem is that glide relies on that anonymous email to link the user profile record to the signed in user. Also, whenever you use the email special value in forms, glide will still write the anonymous email. If you change the email in the user profile, then you will have no idea who created a row in other tables that will contain an email. It will cause a lot of trouble down the road if you start overwriting it.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand this part, but since I tried the above and tested it my app doesn’t seem to work so I will just not allow users to edit their emails. Sorry for the bother and thanks for the help!

1 Like

Also, this should be the filter, not the visibility condition. If the visibility condition is email is signed-in user’s email, it will always be true.

1 Like

Ah right, sorry… I tend to mess up terms alot, I meant filter.

1 Like

No worries, please ask questions if you need help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.