16:9 Video Format

Is there any update on if or when it would be available?

Do you mean for Glide Apps or Glide Pages? I don’t think we have seen any mentions about it.

Apps, I am getting this black frame:

No, I don’t think I have seen an ETA on it being available for Apps.

You have that option for Pages, though.

I usually use a bit of CSS to modify the video component to make the component inline and 16:9.

I completely agree that the video component needs some love.

2 Likes

Completely agree the video component needs some “Love”. Video is an important item these days, especially in an app. The current component makes it very hard to have the app look clean on mobile devices.

Trimming the black borders would go a long way in allowing us more flexibility in layout and a more professional look and feel to the interface.

If you want to use some css, try this in a rich text component:

<pre><span><style>

[data-test="app-video-player"] {
margin-left: 15px !important;
width: 92%;
height: 200px;
}

[data-test="app-video-player"] :nth-child(1) {
border-radius: 15px !important;
}
3 Likes

Hi Robert, Thanks for the help. I am not using CSS, so maybe a silly question…where do I include the actual video source? Thanks

Video URL in the data table. A Video Component that points to that column. A Rich Text component that includes the CSS code I pasted above.

Result:
CleanShot 2022-05-19 at 09.42.15@2x

@tristan — Would love an “Inline” option for video component along with popular ratios selection (like image component). I typically add this CSS for every screen with a video component that isn’t the first component on the screen.

2 Likes