Yikes I can't add a 2nd custom form to Glide app

Gidday All,
Here we go again. I have developed a custom form for an app via the form container for and pointed it to the correct data sheet, however because I already have a form set up to collect the activities undertaken data (contained within the data sheet); I have spent hours trying to have via the actions section in the main data sheet to have the 2nd form appear as “add” rather than simply listed below the specific person’s names listed.

Is this not doable please.

Screenshots below:

Screenshot 2023-10-18 020932

I can have either 1 form or the other i.e. the data input form for the year however cannot appear to have both the new customer form and the activities form showing.

Can someone please advise what I’m doing incorrectly please.

From what I have been able to gather I can have 1 form show in the add i.e. new customer and the custom form for the data to be inputed then has to show at the bottom of the screen i.e. activities.

Is this correct please.

Many thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions.

I’m not sure if I understand your problem correctly. If you want to record activities for individual users, I would do this in two different tables. The button on the user side would then open a form that writes to the activities table. Clicking on the user would a) either show all of the user’s activities (RowOnwer) or a correspondingly filtered view of the user, depending on the further structure or the desired functionality.

1 Like

Gidday Christopher,
Many thanks for your response. You’re close however it is the one user who has 2 different clients she has worked with as part of her side hussle and needs to record the separate activities for both at various times. Hence I was trying to streamline the app so she could literally click on the individual client and be able to enter the relevant data activities for that specific individual.

I’ve managed a wee work around where I have been able to include a link - kind of not as optimal as I would like however it appears to work and now have both forms showing in their respective areas, which is what I required. She not only has to be able to add to the activities data as she works with each individual, but also be able to edit or delete this data if required; hence why it is important she has a form to be able to do this. Plus she will need to add, edit or delete individuals she is working with. Hence the necessity to have 2 forms rather than 1. As well as add financial years as time progresses.

I appear to be learning stuff more by accident than design because I came upon the partial solution today. The Glide videos showed how to incorporate a custom form however not how to have this forms linked in the actions section of the app, hence I spent hours yesterday and last night trying different settings and getting absolutely nowhere. That’s the issue I have with Glide University - they give an overview however in that overview omit how the specific feature is to be set up in the actions section of the layout of the app. (That’s my 2cents worth!!!)

Many thanks for your response. Very greatly appreciated.