Yes / No Modal Attached to Action fi User Confirmation

The Glide UI is maturing really nicely of late but I think there is still an area for improvement, specifically around confirming user intention.

There are many times when I want to be sure that a user hasn’t tapped on something by accident and that they really want to do a certain thing. Currently I have a mechanism that requires a switch component that they flip to indicate they want to continue which causes a button to appear based on switch visibility. The button then triggers an action to carry out the intention. It’s a bit long-winded and not hugely user-friendly.

If we had the ability to optionally attach a modal Yes / No to an action (maybe with custom text or maybe just Are You Sure) then Glide could pop this up before triggering and only continue to do so after user confirmation. Seems like it could be a simple update that would really streamline user interaction.

+1 for this.

The most obvious use case is with delete actions. The way I currently do this is to make it a two step process. So I’ll present something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 4.32.14 PM

If the user taps on “Delete”, I do a Link to Screen->This Item, and present them with this:

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 4.32.31 PM

It works okay, but it would be much nicer if we had some sort of modal component that could be invoked for these sorts of use cases.

5 Likes

Yup. That’s another method I’ve also used @Darren_Murphy. Looks nice. I seem to be spending LOTS of time handling this scenario in recent projects when it could really just be an option for an action. That would save time, save extra configuration, retain consistency and simplify user interface.

2 Likes