Where is the QR-code to share your app?

Hi community members,
After a long time of being absent, I started to use Glide again.
I have created a new Glide app for my mobile device.
(btw I am using the free plan)
From before, I remembered, that when you wanted to share your app with others, when you would press the hamburger menu in the top corner, you would see the QR code.
But that is now gone.
Unless it is hiding somewhere else.
Does anyone have any idea where it is hiding now?
Or do I need to send them an email and invite them?
Or, how can I share my app “on the go”?
Many thanks for all your help, replies, and time :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is nothing special about QR codes. They are just encoded versions of text, such as a url. Go to any website that generates QR codes, enter your app’s url, and copy the image. You can even produce QR codes in your tables with the QR code column.

2 Likes

I just found it very handy, to have the QR code in the app, so you could share it.
But you are right.
I could go to the URL of the app, or share the URL. :slight_smile:

That’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that there are thousands of websites that will generate a QR code and give you an image. The QR code is just an encoded version of the url. That’s it.

Likewise, like I said, you can also generate a QR code in your table and display it using an image component.

QR codes are not magical. Glide doesn’t have an exclusive ability to generate a QR code for your app. You can do it yourself.

2 Likes

The feature you are looking for is a classic app feature. You’ll have to manually recreate it in any new app.

3 Likes