We've lost the option to use our custom background during app launch/loading

Has always worked until today.

My app’s URL: theseekr.com

Do you mean on launch? We have a new smoother launch design that flickers less, and we may not show this image. This is designed to make your app appear to launch more quickly.

Yes, when launchapp…No, I get the spinning wheel while it loads but the background image is not there, it’s just a black screen. Good to get rid of the flashing that happens when you switch background screens but not at the expense of getting rid of custom background…I really like having that feature! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I see, we can look at showing your image under the loading screen too.

1 Like

It was already working like that…my only issue was that when you change backgrounds, it was showing the old image, then the new image…now it shows no image…so it’s a feature that you had that is gone now…Here is a video I made yesterday to report the screen flashing but the solution should not be to just eliminate the custom screen! :worried: First you see old screen flash, then in the video where it says signing in is the new screen…but now that part of the sign-in visual is gone…please put it back as soon as possible. Sometimes app loads slowly so it gives the user something to look at - was a really great idea to have it!

1 Like

Wow, that’s such a cool gif!!

4 Likes

It makes the app appear to launch more slowly, since it takes the same amount of time but with nothing to look at. :fearful: Here is my launch experience now since it was removed:

Not nearly as cool! :sweat_smile:

Yes, I discovered that gifs work brilliantly in the sign-in/launch app process! The gif is not the problem btw…my other app has a static image and same problem.

1 Like

@Deena But for a few hours, I too have not had the Background image on startup. :wink:

1 Like

It’s gone. We need to ask for it to be brought back. The checkbox to enable this is no longer there. It’s not a bug. :upside_down_face:

Yes it’s a little faster, but @Deena you have my support for the return of the CheckBox

3 Likes

Please bring back the background option in loading screen. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

I am literally ready to start a petition on change.org :joy:

4 Likes

This change completely ruined my app load experience and I actually see a slower load speed than before.

+1 vote to bring back the original screen.

1 Like

Deena’s videos clearly demonstrate the downgrade in user experience by removing this option.

1 Like

+1. A loading image is perfect for personalizing your buisness/app. Glide, bring this back please. Is there a way to show the image but not slow down the loading process? I liked this feature :frowning:

1 Like

Because I can’t help myself, here is a 45s video showing the wonderful launch experience of all of my favorite apps with my two Glide apps at the end - now with blank screens and what feels like a really long loading time (which I personally thought was fine before because I had my cool gif in there). Comparing now makes me so sad. I’m sure Glide will appreciate our passion for this and hope that they know I/we are not being critical but this takeaway is so negatively impactful to the initial UX. I felt before that our Glide apps had the level of sophistication of all of these other amazing apps! So we need it back ASAP! David already said in this thread that they are looking at it so I am sorry to go on…but I really hope it can be turned back on VERY quickly, that’s all. And, based on my own extensive testing, the apps do NOT load any faster. :innocent:

4 Likes

UPDATE: Well, the checkbox is back but it doesn’t seem to be using the screen during loading…checked after clearing cache so it’s apparently still not restored to the way it was working…can anyone else check?

It’s baaaaackkkk… :blush:

4 Likes

Mine works now on loading (already signed in). Might take a bit to get the update cached on your device.

1 Like

So weird, I reluctantly cleared my cache to check. Alright…glad to hear it’s sorted. :blush:

1 Like