Virtual Array as Simple List in App

Hi there! I’m trying to do something I think is quite simple. I have an array column that Glide created in my data. I’d like to add that array essentially as a simple list or even in a way that looks exactly as it does in the data set. I can only see the Array Column in the image component, but these aren’t images. Does array only import into the app for images? Seems odd to me.

You could use a template column to join the individual columns together as one markdown text value, then display it in a rich text component, or list them in a top down format in another sheet and use a relation column to link the primary sheet to them. Then you can display the items in a compact inline list.

Thank you! I actually just created a relation to link the array column to another sheet with those options. Haven’t played much with templates, but I may get there!

1 Like

I have a page current displaying a collection of Tours filtered by customer.

When the customer clicks on a tour, a tour detail page should open with a map of all the sites of this tour.

I believe this can only be done by creating a separate display table (with the list of attractions in a top down format) like you said.

But a can’t seem to make the relations between the two tables work. How do I set this new display table to relate to the old one?

Relations work by looking for exact matching values. This can work with columns that contain a single value, and it can work with arrays as well. How is your data set up now? I assume attractions can be part of many different tours?

Depending on how your data is set up, you could have a comma delimited list of attraction ID’s in a column in your your tours table. Using a Split Text column, you can split that comma delimited list into an array. The array of ID’s can be used with a relation to link to the ID column in the attractions table. That relation would be the source of your map.

2 Likes

I have not thought of adding attractions into a separate table but that would makes a lot of sense!

It was all in 1 JSON output from GPT.

I managed to find a workaround by adding a button that sets the Tour_ID in the User table whenever someone clicks on a specific tour (to view details), and a single value column in the Display Tour Table to get this tour_ID. Then, I used SVC to get every column I need about this tour including this JSON, and a column with a Javascript code to split out the attractions top down in each row.

Thank you!!

Now I have a new problem in that the map pins are all over the place! It’s like Russian dolls - you fix one, another one pops up!

1 Like

Mapping a location in Glide is not always accurate if you use addresses. If you can get latitude and longitude coordinates, you will have much better kuck

2 Likes

I think the Google Maps integration to get coordinates is pretty solid, if you have the address in text.

1 Like