Good morning, Gliders,
I am creating Big Numbers on a Glide Page to show demographic stats.
In my Race column are three choices
The only way I see to do this is three IF-THEN columns:
- IF Caucasian THEN true
- IF Black/African-American THEN true
- IF Asian/Pacific-Islander THEN true
Followed by three ROLLUP columns:
- Count IF Caucasian column
- Count IF Black/African-American column
- Count IF Asian/Pacific-Islander column
Finally using my three ROLLUP columns in three Big Number components.
Is this the best way to do this? This is my first time using Big Numbers.
- Create a helper table with a Single column called Race**
- Populate that with your races, one per row
- Create a multi relation column that joins that to your data
- Use a rollup to get a count of each
** Personally I prefer the term Ethnic Group. Race is a social construct - technically we are all the same race, which is human
I don’t disagree with you about the term, but I work exclusively with nonprofits that in client services and fundraising are sometimes forced to breakdown demographics by
- Identifies as Hispanic
- Primary language
- and more
So I fluctuate between whatever terms the client, its regulatory agency, the US Census Bureau or the grant application uses.