Users Pay to download/use Glide App

Hello all: How do you set up your Glide app for users to have access to it once they make a payment? Is this a function added to the app? Thanks!

I donā€™t know what you would use for your payment process, but you can always apply conditional visibility to your content, based on a ā€œuser profilesā€ column, letā€™s say ā€œPaid or not?ā€.

I wanted to integrate the payment process in the app. So would it be as simple as inserting the buy now button in the process of the user setting up their profile and then once that is completed the visibility of the other features of the app can be viewed? I hope I am making senseā€¦still new to all this. Thanks!

Yes that would be the idea. I donā€™t have Stripe here so I donā€™t know what ā€˜App: Salesā€™ contains, but I would imagine it like this.

In the User profiles tab, you insert one ā€˜Paid or notā€™? column with the formula like this in first cell of that column:

={"Paid or not?";ARRAYFORMULA(IF(A2:A<>"",IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A2:A,'App: Sales!'A2:A,1,FALSE),"")<>"","True","False"),""))}

This looks for the email in the User Profiles sheet (assuming column A) to match a user email in App: Sales sheet (assuming column A). If thereā€™s a match, return True, else return False.

Thanksā€¦I will test that method and let you know if I run into any issues! I appreciate the help!!

1 Like