User-submitted choices :)

Hi all! I’ve got a question that will probably seem a bit basic, but I can’t seem to figure it out…

I’m creating a simple app for a couple of friends of mine, and they run a small super disorganized meal delivery service. So I figured I’d make a glide app out of it for them as a little surprise gift :slight_smile: Feel free to check it out!

Edited to add the actual app link rather than the edit link :man_facepalming: https://chefapp.glideapp.io

And here is the spreadsheet behind it all :slight_smile: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A2Qeu7BTdq_elg2ovOPE7incDtueQCZmNuCPXi9hcMQ/edit?usp=sharing

Here’s the catch: I can’t currently figure out how to allow their members to submit their orders every week. I basically want each member to be able to fill out their order every week, without everyone being able to see everyone else’s orders/personal information.

So every week they should be able to see the different dishes, select the amount they want and if they want it ‘hangry sized’, then enter their email and have the order associate with their account and delivery info through their email address.

Can somebody give me a few pointers? I feel like this is a super easy functionality but for some reason I just haven’t been able to nail it down on my own with the tutorials.

Thank you so much for reading this! Any help would be hugely appreciated. :slight_smile:

Ev

You definitely want to make app public with email and then turn on filter by user email.

1 Like

The tutorials are a bit old and the layout has changed since then, but the basics are the same. Filtering should be under Features on the right hand side. Also be sure to use the email special value component when adding records to record the user’s email on all of their records.

Awesome, thanks a bunch Blake! That seems like it will help a ton

Thank you Jeff - more incredible advice. I’ll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. Really appreciate your help

1 Like

Not a problem. Glad we could help!