Upload data in Glide app in the form of a CSV file or Excel by the user

Hello all. I would like to know if there is any solution to this- I want the user to upload their data on the app (it can be a CSV file or Excel, or even GSheet) and the data gets stored and updated as they want on the app.

You would have to let them upload the file, then use a webhook/Zap action to pass it to Integromat/Zapier and process the CSV file there. Write all the rows to your Google Sheets.

4 Likes

Thanks for replying! :slight_smile: So basically you are saying to take the data, edit and update it in the GSheets and then it will be updated in the app? And make a Zap to trigger an update in the GSheet?

I mean you let the users upload their CSV in the app, then push the URL to Integromat/Zapier and process the CSV there. You don’t have to do any manual editing/updating, just to be clear.

1 Like

Hey,
is there a new way to solve this topic? Or is the Zapier way to do it still the best workflow?

I also want to upload a csv file as user and then all rows have to be added to a specific table.

Thanks
Andi

This is possible, but requires some fairly advanced techniques involving the use of JavaScript and the Glide API.

ok. What is the best workflow in your opinion?
In general I have heard about both - so also java script.

Best workflow? Do you mean to get the job done?

I’ve never done it in a live App, but I did create a demo App last year as a proof of concept. The approach was as follows:

• Custom Form to upload a CSV file to a User Specific column
  • Multi-row helper table to process the file. A minimum of one row is required for every 500 lines of CSV.
  • JavaScript column to download the file, process it and generate bundles of add-row-to-tables mutations
  • Call API or webhook to send the payload to the Glide API, either directly or via Make.

Below is a short video I made that demonstrates. This was actually an improved version of the original concept that is more reliable and efficient:

1 Like

thank you