Updating multiple rows at once

what advice is there on updating multiple rows at once. we get items in batches of like 100. instead of setting a received date for each, we want to set a received date for all in one click.

some items are stored in a google sheet & others in a glide table for certain reasons.

we currently do this through an automation via make when a received timestamp is placed in the google sheet in a different table. we still haven’t implemented it for the glide table, though probably very similar procedure

what advise is there to update multiple glide rows in a glide table. and what advice is there also regarding updating multiple rows in a google sheet at once.

Anything coming up soon in glide that allows us to update multiple rows?

The best option for this at the moment is to send a webhook to Make, and then have Make call the Glide API to do the updates.

Possibly later in the year when we get more advanced action options, although nothing concrete just now.

2 Likes

Action options are hugely advancing these days, are there any rumors of anything related to updating multiple rows coming up?

I don’t know about now, but when @Robert_Petitto asked it in Sep 2022, the answer was it’s not in Glide’s roadmap.

This is exactly the reason why I NEVER use glide tables.

Even if I start with a glide table, I ALWAYS regret it, without exception. And now, after spending a couple hours on a free-plan little to-do list app for a friend (just as a fun alternative to only making a spreadsheet to organize things I’m getting his help for and keep track of how much I owe him), I’m finding I have no other option than to reconfigure my app around a google sheet.

I have a paid apps plan that’s maxed out with bigger and more critical apps, but for a simple little freebie app that I’ll probably just use for a few weeks I thought I would try and do it with just glide tables, to see if it runs a bit faster and if I could make it work. I’m more or less just showing him a “hey, isn’t this neat?” app vs just sending him a google sheets link. I didn’t need to make a glide app, but I wanted to, because it’ll be marginally easier to use, but mostly just be “neat” for him to see that Glide apps are neat and handy.

But yet again, here we are. It’s not the first time I’ve rebuilt an app because Glide tables didn’t make the cut…

That’s interesting. I’m the opposite, I always use native Glide tables.
About the only time I’ll attach a Google Sheet to an App is if I need multiple roles per user, which is one of the very few things you can’t do (yet) with native tables.

I do understand that it could be a bit limiting if you’re working in a Free or Starter plan, because you don’t have access to the API, Big Tables, and many of the Integrations. But those plans are not meant for anything serious anyway.

Certainly, if you’re building Apps for Business use, then native tables as a source are far superior to Google Sheets in my experience. (And I have nothing against Google Sheets - I’ve been using them for as long as they have been around).

5 Likes

This still isnt possible correct? Just delete multiple rows?

Correct.

2 Likes