Update on Supported HTML and CSS in NCM

Hello. I want to follow up on the following thread and, more particularly, the use of inline CSS used to apply a unique style to a single HTML element inside a Rich Text component.

Having read through this entire announcement, I understand Pages was built on a new computation model and that model was deployed to what are now considered “classic” apps back in Aug/Sep of 2022. Here’s the clarification I’m looking for:

I’m using a Rich Text component in a new Glide App (formerly Pages), I add the following HTML and inline CSS to the component, and the content of the component displays correctly when cross-browser and cross-device tested. Can I then safely assume the content of the RT component is 100% compatible with the NCM and won’t break moving forward?

<h2 style="text-align:center;">Do you plan to prepare this food product in a commercial kitchen within a food establishment?</h2>

<p style="text-align:center; font-size:1.2em;">A <span style="font-weight:bold;">commercial kitchen</span> is one with durable equipment designed specifically for mass food production that also incorporates safety features rarely found on equipment designed for residential use.</p>

<p style="text-align:center; font-size:1.2em;">For more information, see <a href="https://www.glideapps.com/pricing" style="color:#d0cfcd !important; text-decoration:underline !important;">Glide's new pricing</a>.</p>

I’ll never 100% assume that it’s safe, since the insertion of inline CSS and HTML is not an advertised feature or a guarantee…but I’d say it’s 99% safe.

The biggest difference now, is that you cannot use CSS in a Rich Text component to override any CSS applied to Glide components or other Glide elements. Whereas, what you do with your own HTML elements is up to you.

To summarize…now the only way to modify Glide’s stuff is to use the official CSS feature available on Business and Enterprise plans. There is no restriction to modify your own stuff using inline CSS.

4 Likes

Hi, Jeff. I appreciate you taking time to help clarify where this stands. This all makes sense and I understand that any use of html or css isn’t supported, I just wanted some reassurance from someone I trust that my use case is vanilla enough to be OK. Thanks again for weighing in and providing some insight…much appreciated! :+1:

1 Like