Update data in related table via the user table

Hi all
I have a users table and one data table. The data table has a template column to set the current user id. Based on this column I have a relation column in the user table that relates all records in the data table.

I wanted to update all related data table records in this relation via an action using set values for a field in the data table.

I don’t see the option to select the relation as the target for the set values action.
Is this not possible?

It’s not possible to set column values through a multiple relation.

Thanks

The alternative would be to use an external service, such as Make to update multiple rows through the Glide API.

Thanks @Jeff_Hager
I am a no coder but learning and clearly ChatGPT offers new tools to assist. Could the same be achieved via a javascript snippet in the data table to cycle through the maximum 100 rows in the data table, resetting all checked boolean values in one field to unchecked?

No, the javascript column is pretty sandboxed and can only return a value in the same javascript column based on the code. It can’t be used for automation or to change values in other columns. Glide currently does not have any backend automation processing to process multiple rows of data, although I believe that is something they might working on.

If all you are doing is resetting a boolean value, then I recommend having a look at this. It’s an old example with a classic app, so I’m not entirely sure if you can copy it anymore, but it’s worth a shot. It’s a bit of smoke and mirrors to give the appearance that a boolean has been reset for multiple columns.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.