Teams inside app

Hi,

Have asked 2 times for help here and I have to say you guys are amazing.

In my sheet, one column is for the team name, one column is the total number of activities they have done.

I would like to be able do display the total number of activities completed per team in a chart.

Here is the link to the app : https://defientreprisesautom.glideapp.io/

How can I achieve this?

Why don’t you do a rollup of activities via a relation to the team?

2 Likes

Thanks, I think I’m getting there.

With that setup, I’m able to display the number of users per team. I used relation Relate to items where the value in : team Matche the value in : teams.

And then a rollup to display the number of user per team.

But I don’t understand how I can get the number of activities with the Relation column?

If I understand your setup correctly, then I believe you’ll just need another roll up column that does a SUM of Activities through the same relation.

Got it. As a first step, I’m trying to display the number of people in each team.

Here is the setup :

But when I try to display the data in a progress bar, here is the result :

Do you have any idea of what I’m doing wrong?

Can you describe your table layout in more detail, what is supposed to relate to what, and what exactly you are trying to chart?

Based on your screenshots, it looks like you are showing the number of participants in a team based on a scale of 0 to 100. 1 team member equals 1% of 100 total team members based on that scale. I guess I don’t understand what your goal is and what you are trying to show.

1 Like

Taking a second look at this, does the table you are relating to use row owners? If so, and you only own one row from that related team, then the result will be 1 instead of 7. Sometimes the data editor doesn’t truly reflect when row owners are in use. Especially with relations. The data editor will show all data, but in reality, the app only downloads and displays data that the user owns. If they don’t own it, then the app won’t even know it exists, so in your case, it may only see one team member, which is you.

1 Like

The ‘‘Make Row Owner’’ function is only activated for the email adress.

Yes, but that will affect the whole row of data. That’s why it’s called Row Owner :wink:

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for your help. is there a workaround or should I just let that idea go?

The app is usable without this but it would help to display more data to users.

I guess my question would be do you actually need Row Owners on that table?
If not, you can just remove it and you should be good to go.

But, as with Jeff I’m a bit curious about your choice of a progress bar to display that data. It doesn’t seem to fit your use case. A progress bar (as the name suggests) is normally used to show progress towards a goal - is that really what you are trying to represent there?

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks again. For the Row owners, I just did a test and yeah, I need them. If I remove them, then every user will see the same data from my understanding.

As for the progress bar, it might not be the best choice, but we host a challenge where coworkers have to work together to complete as many challenge as possible.

I would like to display :

How many challenges the user has completed
How many challenges his team has completed
How many coworkers are in his team

Are you sure that you don’t actually want a filter instead of setting row owners? Row owners is a security feature to prevent people from having unauthorized access the underlying data that they should not have access to. If everyone should have access to the data in some way, then row owners isn’t a good solution. Instead, you can filter your lists or data as needed on the front end.

Row Owner prevents unowned data from being downloaded to the user’s device. Removing row owners allows all data to download to the device, but you can hide what’s visible with proper relations, filters, and visibility conditions.

For your chart, I’m guessing you will need separate relations and rollups depending on the data you want to gather, whether it’s for a specific user, or for the entire team. You can dynamically adjust that maximum value by pointing it to a column that has the max count of users in a team.

1 Like