Stock Watchlist

I’m trying to make a watchlist tab in my app for stocks where the user can search a stock by its Ticker and add it to their watchlist. I don’t even know where to start. I know I have to incorporate Google finance into this, but I need help.

To let the users search a “database” of stock information, you would need to have that list in your Sheet first, then populate the stock data using Google Finance.

1 Like

So I would would have to type every stock into my google sheets? Or is there an easier way of doing this?

Yeah I think so, I don’t know if there’s a database somewhere you can import into Google Sheets.

Dang, I won’t be able to type in every stock…

1 Like
1 Like

here is ticker tracker and foreign X app…allows you to convert from c of 141 countries- its all live info

You could actually make a cell pull from google finance with the ticker blank and pointing to the cell in which is being edited when the ticker is populated it finishes the formula and a add button copies current formula that has that ticker in it. Also if you are looking to find a way to search through google finance with glide you can do the search the same way. It will take a little time due to Glide refresh and google sheets refresh not being so quick. But use an API for this and Glide relations and it will be almost seamless.

2 Likes