So first they introduced huge row limit, and now they introduce number of edit limit ?!?

Also keep in mind that bandwidth and storage space costs money. Each sync with google sheets costs money. Server traffic between devices and Glide costs money. Image and Video storage costs money. I don’t know the costs, but when you have hundreds of thousands or millions of users syncing, uploading, and downloading data, I’m sure it adds up pretty quickly, along with any other operation costs, loans, salaries, and benefits to all employees. It’s not all pure profit, especially for new companies that have to find a perfect balance between rapid growth and profitability.

It’s also my understanding that they are still fine tuning the sheet edits counter while working in the editor. Whether or not they have done that already…I don’t know. If you are experiencing rapid edit count growth, it might be worth a little time to see what’s causing those counts. As mentioned in another post, a user was keeping his app open all the time in separate a browser window from the editor. He also has a script running that updates the sheet continuously and those updates are constantly syncing to the app, because the app is left open. It’s my understanding that he has a pro account on a separate app that may be sharing the same sheet, so the Background Refresh is always active and keeps pulling those sheet updates.

2 Likes