Slide OS - An “OS” for mini no-code apps

Sneak peak:

• Circle Profile Image using Rich Text not tiles;
• Screens and Font Color totally personalized by the theme and for each person.

1 Like

Very cool! Good work! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Cool App @Lucas_Pires ! How did you approach booking in your app?

1 Like

Hey @Aj2666 I was burning my mind about it, but I found a way that I’ll do further, and I share the update.

Actually I share now a new topic explaining all the features I use in this app. But, by now, it’s only by WhatsApp or calling.

I think that there are quite a number of Glide community members seeking scheduling appointment solutions. I call upon glide team to consider providing a scheduling solution within their upcoming development plan / roadmap

2 Likes

Yes. I think it would be better.

My new topic as I said :point_down:t3:

https://community.glideapps.com/t/introducing-new-concept-of-salon-beauty-barber-shop-app-circle-image-pic-font-color-personalized-screens-and-more/4314?u=lucas_pires

This is my favorite thread ever!

6 Likes

I have kinda created a game of rock, paper, scissors with glide.
The biggest challenge I faced was the slowness of updating the google sheets and loading the result back.

In my game, ou could challenge anyone who was using the app and play rock, paper, or scissors. Without seeing what you played, they would play too.

On the challenges page I had two inline lists: open challenges and closed challenges.

1 Like

Hi Emilio, sure! I’m not gonna lie, it’s a complete mess, but it works!

The “Apps” sheet

The basics:

• This coloured sheet tab is called “apps”, each line there represent a new app.
  • For each app that can have new features as inline lists/etc, I create another sheet tab with the specific items.
  • Some apps need another level of hierarchy (e.g: for Notes I have a line in the “apps” tab, another tab to handle the folders per user and another tab with notes per user)
  • I use visibility rules to make sure that the right components are shown in each app
3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I’ll try and give it a go. :+1:

1 Like

Introducing: Photo Filters!

Now you can apply filters to any image in the Photo app. I’ve added 10 different filters at the moment! I’m using an external service (Cloudinary) to handle all the images transformations - and it’s awesome. Cloudinary it’s like steroids for Glide, I’m just starting to experiment with that but I’m excited.

3 Likes

WOW ! Impressive!

1 Like

That’s awesome. Will it desaturate on the fly too? I’m looking to desaturate unactivated/unearned item images on the fly and desaturate them once active.

1 Like

Love it! Can’t wait to see the finished OS!

1 Like

Very cool with the photos. I had a thought for your choice component. What if you do 2 or 3 choice components, in the horizontal layout, that fill the same column, but break up the choices into 2 or 3 lists of 5 choices. Then you could flip around between images filters while still viewing the image on the screen.

1 Like

Hey @Jeff_Hager, thanks for the idea. I did some experiments and I think that I like the solution for now.

I created 3 horizontal choices with 9 filters divided into 3 groups (1, 2, 3). I also added a right arrow to the first group, a left arrow and a “blank character + space + right arrow”(this is important because the choice option needs to be different from the previous right arrow but look the same) to the second group and a “blank character + space + left arrow” to the third group.

Then I created some visibility rules so the user feels that clicking arrows scroll the choice options.

It is a bit buggy right now (maybe you can help @david or @Mark), because the choice option glitches some times, causing it to bounce back to the previous selection.

I know that the solution is not perfect - I have to show the original image every time the user clicks an arrow for example - but is good enough for now, maybe something like this “UI” becomes a layout option in the future.

5 Likes

Very cool with the arrows. Looks great! I’ll have to remember that. As for the bugginess, I’ve seen that too. I’m pretty sure it’s a timing issue with rapid changes to the choice component and the value in the sheet syncing back to glide before the newest selection is synced to the sheet. I’m really hoping the ‘user specific data’ column in staging will solve this problem as I assume that the column value will not be synced back to the sheet.

1 Like

Very innovative idea with the arrows! Nice way to have more than 5 choices on a single row. Your app is coming along nicely!

1 Like

Wow. This is next level creativity with Glide :star_struck:

Hello @ionamol

Slide OS is fascinating!

About this👇

How can we use Glide Webview? :thinking:

Cheers!