Show current position as blue dot

It would be nice if Mapbox could show your current position on the map if you are within the limits of the current view. This is useful for figuring out where you are relative to markers on the map for relatively short distances. Right now, you need to click on a Mapbox map to switch over to Google Maps to show your position.

1 Like

You’re in luck!

This only works for a map in list view. Not for the static map component.

7 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t know what that meant. Half is not as good as all, but it’s better than none!

1 Like

Thanks @Jeff_Hager. This is very helpful to me as well😀

1 Like

Hmm…could this be updated after a short interval for a use case in which we track a cab moving on a map?

This is on the client’s side to let them show current location of their device so I don’t think it’s possible to do that for another device for tracking purposes.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: I was thinking in the context of “broadcasting” my location on a map for others to view where I am and my progress along a route.

1 Like

I think I’ll explore what could be done with the location Location component and the Distance Computed Column.

I am interested in the blue dot to show location as a user moves. Did this get solved.

How come this feature was available in Classic Apps and not the the new Apps?
This is a must have for mapping applications!

1 Like