Select image from a repository or file

The Glide component “Image Picker” lets you add/upload an image from a file but is their a way of selecting from a pre-curated choice of images stored in a Glide table FIRST and if one of those images are not what is needed then select via the current “Image Picker” methods?

In other words a default image picker that FIRST offers a collection of images to choose from and if that is not adequate will default to the ‘Image Picker’ chooser.

Not with the same image picker, but you could have a choice component with a list of images sourced from one of your tables (if your app is on the new NCM and allows images in the choice component). You could also have an image picker. Both components could point to the same column and if you wanted, you could set visibility on the image picker to only show if the choice value is empty.

1 Like

Can I pop-up a custom “modal” image picker that allows selecting from a choice component with my images plus a “more” option that would then bring up/pop up the image picker? Is this doable?

Also you would need to set up a custom form in order to display the picture your user will select from the choice component.

In your pre-curated picture list, add an option of “Other”, and on the custom form add the image component that will be connected to the same column which would be populated by the choice component so users can see in full screen what they have selected.

Add an image picker option in your custom form and set the visibility of it to “Show when Pre-curated choice component is Other”.

Maybe I am not good at explaining stuff clearly like our experts, but if you are still confused, feel free to book a meeting with me at Calendly - Hassan Nadeem. Would be glad to help you live on call :slight_smile:

Kind of… depends, is this an app or a page. I mean you could do something kind of like that, but probably not exactly like you want. Depending on if it’s an app or a page, you may need some very custom CSS and trickery to pull it off. The image picker uses the device’s image viewer to display images. It’s not really a Glide thing at that point.

Not necessarily. The new NCM includes a choice component with images. Otherwise, yes, this would need to be done with a custom form.

It is an App - I am looking for as simple as possible.

My instinct was to open a new screen with the choices to select and below that an image picker and have them feed the same column.

Yeah, if you want to keep it simple, I would do something like that.

Yes but I think the pictures displayed there are too small. I suggested that to give a better preview of pictures.

1 Like

I recall a video by @Robert_Petitto with an image carousel. I was going to steal that technique. And then an “other” option that is the image picker.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.