Search only for some fields

I understand that the search function searches all fields of the source data table.
It would be very good to be able to limit this search only to certain fields (example Name and Surname, etc…).
this can give more quality to the searches from the application and does not seem very complicated to implement.
Thanks a lot!!!

3 Likes

Yep, it’s a good idea. Thanks @jrox10

I sort of have the opposite request. Search boxes for each tab linked to a particular sheet only show searches for that sheet. So, in a recipe book app, for example, if there’s a tab for desserts and one for cakes, if you search in the open tab for ‘pear loaf’, you’ll only find the entries if they happen to be in that sheet (whereas a user might not know where to start their search – is it a cake or is it a pudding, for example).

It’d be good if it was possible to give options for search set-up – particular fields, sheets or all etc.

Could you have a tab with all recipes? That way if the user doesn’t know what category they should be in, they can search the All Recipes tab.

2 Likes

Do you know what, Jeff…you’re a marvel. That seems like a good plan. I’m so impressed with the response on this forum. Rebecca x

1 Like

Do we have any roadmap timeline for this feature?

1 Like

Hey Don, welcome to the community.

Unfortunately not at the moment.

Hi guys, I have an issue directly related to this request.

1. Private information relating to someone’s private address and emergency contact is displayed only to a logged-in user. Searching a list of people using a street name or emergency contact will identify the staff member. Obviously this is not ideal.
    1. The directors of our company share the name of the company. Company emails share the name of the company and the directors. When searching the list of staff for a director’s surname the list returns everyone in the company.

Identifying columns that shouldn’t be searched is on the roadmap but does anyone have ideas on how I can exclude columns in the meantime?

1 Like

I definitely need this. Some information that needs to be searchable or filtered/sorted by some users, but not by others is available to all users. Even if you can’t see the actual info, you can still sort by the info (ie people with high grades vs low grades even if you can’t see the actual grades). Is there any way to resolve this @Jeff_Hager?