Search is only searching what is displayed on screen

Hello!

I have a screen with “editions” of a magazine, each edition takes to a page with a list of all articles in this edition. What I’d like to do, is allow the user to search for articles in the editions page. There is a column with list of articles, but when I search for a keyword it only searches in whatever is displayed on the screen (edition name) and not in all columns to find the article. It makes no sense to me. How can I fix that without showing a list of articles?

Have you tried displaying a component that contains all article names in the details view and then hide it using a condition that will never be true?

My impression is that search will only look for values that are displayed inside details view for each item.

Yes, I tried that, but like you said, it’s showing me only results based on what is displayed and not based on what’s inside the rows. @david any solution for this? It makes searching a bit useless?

Do you have a joined text column to join all article names?

I have a column with all article names in rich text

Where you ever able to get search bar on home screen to search an entire excel document

You can only search whatever is displayed in the details view, not including inline lists coming from other Sheets.