Search for users then add them into a form

This is supposed to be like a POS system. Pretty much when a customer comes into the store you need to input their name into this form to create a new order. Is there a way to make it so that as you type their name into the field there is a list or a drop down menu of the existing customers in the database?

|

1. Customer walks in
  2. Employee asks for customers name
  3. Employee types down customer name into that field to generate a new order

Instead of depending on the employee to spell the name perfectly, it would be cool to have a drop down of existing customer that he picks from, hopefully that made sense!

Thanks team

Yes, it’s possible. At a high level, this is what you need to do:

• The text input component that you have should be directed at a user specific text column
  • You then need a single value column in your Customers table that takes the value of that user specific column and applies it to all rows
  • Next is an if-then-else column in your customers table:
    – If Customer Name includes Single Value, then true
  • Then back on your screen, add an Inline List component that uses your Customers table as a source, and filter it where the if-then-else column is checked
  • Finally, create a custom action on your Inline List that opens the form and pre-populates the Customer name and/or whatever other customer details are needed.
3 Likes

You are a genius my friend, I was stuck on this for such a long time.

Right now the app only shows the customer that is typed, which is awesome. The only part i’m stuck on is this part

Not sure what you mean/how to do that exactly (sorry I’m a noob).

Because right now the list populates if & only if the customer name is spelled perfectly, I’m guessing that last part I quoted from you would fix that problem?

Thank you

1 Like

OHHH Sorry it’s all fixed now brother, I completely read this wrong <3

You’re the best

1 Like

Excellent, glad you got it working :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.