Saving Multiple Audio recording

Hi Guys,

I use the audio recording feature to store my users audio recording. It is happening without any issue. But I have a requirement that every time the user records the audio it should generate a new link and it should store the new link and not overwrite the older link. Even the older link should be visible for playing as history

PS: I Use Airtable as my database.

Could anyone guide me how can I achieve this?

Thank you in Advance.

Regards,
Dilip

In order to preserve each audio recording, I would suggest that you create an action that can add each audio recording in a new row.

To do this, you may need to create a new table just called as audio recordings. Once this table is created, make sure that each new row that is added, has a row ID or some common parameter from your original table.

As the recordings are created, new rows will be added in the new table.

Now, in the old table, you must create a multiple relation column that will relate all the audio recording rows in the new table, to that specific row of your original table.

Once you do this, you can go add a list of any type of collection element to display the related recordings.

Hi @Alaap_Kanchwala1 thank you for the reply.

Lets Assume I have id called Creator_id which will have “xyz” as its id for one creator.

Now when audio is recorded for this particular row

It should be written to a new table.

How will I be able to write a value “xyz” as identifier to this entry in new table?

Because from my UI I can only access the older table value so I can only write url to my older table.

Little confused on this part.

Regards,
Dilip

tried the relation approach by Giving it based on mapping ID. I somehow cant access the relation column from UI for older table.

Is there something I am missing.

Regards,
Dilip

I figured out how to write the values and make it work.

Now my other question is , Is there a way I can list all these Audio player one below the other? as a list.?

Idea is all the files will have audio player component listed and on click it plays. Currently I’ll have to create a list view and then in detail page I have play button to play audio component.

Is there any better way to achieve my requirement?

Regards,
Dilip

Hi Dilip, I’m glad you figured it out.

A quick and easy way for you to list all your related rules that are containing the audio files would be to add a custom collection that is linked to the relation column.

In this custom collection, you can simply make it as small as possible so that you can fit as many rows that you want in a single.

Once you have created the custom collection, you can add two elements. One can be the audio file name and right below. That can be the audio player element.

This way you will not have to enter each and every related row’s detail page in order to play the audio.

With the custom collection and the audio player element right in it, you will be able to play multiple audios with a single tap to the audio player.

1 Like

Thank you for the solution @Alaap_Kanchwala1 it worked like a charm!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.