Rollup with Relation Column

I’m a bit new here, but I believe rollup columns should work with relation columns. Is there a reason that my relation columns are not shown in here? *there are 3 relation columns in this sheet that are working

Rollups only work with multiple relations. Are yours single relations?

1 Like

Nice, thanks @Darren_Murphy ! They were single, and when changed to multiple they worked… but my problem is I want to make a “sum if” column, and I’m not quite sure how to make it.

Basically I have a receipt sheet where I keep all the transactions, if someone purchases an item they get a unique SKU. So I wanted to show the sum of all items with the SKU in another sheet, that’s why the rollup column, but I could only get a rollup of all sales

Okay, that’s easy enough. It’s just a matter of creating a template column in each sheet that filters the data, and then using those template columns to create the relation.

Can you show a screenshot of what your data looks like in each table? (then I can probably be a bit more specific)

2 Likes

For the first sheet I have these columns

• ID Visita (that will be similiar to the purchase SKU)
  • ID + @ + $: a template column that sums the sku, user email and value bought (a try to make an unique id for each row)
  • split id: split column that splits the data from ID Visita

On the second sheet what I have is:

• Item SKu (that will be similiar to the ID Visita)
  • ID + @ + $: a template column that sums the sku, user email and value bought (a try to make an unique id for each row)
  • split id: split column that splits the data from Item SKU

The relation between these two sheets is being made by both ID + @ + $ columns, however that seem not to be working properly, so I tried another one with the Split columns, that worked and I don’t know why

Sorry it only lets me upload one picture at a time:

This is from the first sheet

Now from the second sheet
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 4.09.58 PM

Second Sheet

Okay, that’s all a little confusing, haha
Your ID’s appear to be date/time strings - is that deliberate?
Creating relations on dates/times can be problematic - is there another column you can use?
I’d expect to see some sort of character string as an ID/SKU

1 Like

Hahaha sorry! A bit of contextualization, this should be reservation app with an ADMIN panel and a user panel. The admin can upload visit slots, and users can buy tickets for each slot.

Yes, the IDs are created by putting up a string of: beginning date + start hour + end date + end hour

That was made because it seemed the easier way to match the slots, user selection (done in a form) and shop receipts.

Perhaps I could create a random string column and generate a new value for each slot, and with a vlookup I could place the same value on the reservation sheet…

yeah, sorry I’m struggling a little to visualise your situation.

Looking again at your screenshots, it seems that the ID Vista column from the first table should match up with the Item SKU column in the second sheet. But I also noticed that both sheets seem to contain duplicates in each of those columns. Anyway, it looks like you should be able to create a direct relation between those two columns, but I’m not sure if that will get you what you want.

1 Like

*Is there a way for me to share the complete table?

The columns are duplicated because there’s a conflict between the Google sheet date format and the glide date format. So to have an exact match between the sheets I had to adjust the columns. However, for some reason when matching these columns the relation doesn’t work, but when I match the Split columns it works :confused:

Sorry for being confusing…

If you want to make your app copyable, and share the link with me privately, I can take a look.
To make your app copyable, it first needs to be published, then go to Settings → Sharing, and tick the “App Copy” box.

mmm, I expect there will be a much simpler way to get this done…

1 Like