Request to send push notifications?

This is a new push feature (Push notification access granted) as previously there were only two options available (a week ago)
I’m just trying to understand the process -

1. Push Notifications access granted - this can be a button in the app that a user must click to allow notifications to be sent to their device and it allows them to receive those notifications. This action checks a box in the column we specify to indicate that the user has allowed notifications. We can use the checked box to hide the button so the user doesn’t keep clicking the button for no reason.

2. Send push notifications to specific or all users - this is just an action, seems easy.

3. Request to send push notifications - what’s this for? - i created a column using this but i’m not sure what it’s used for since i couldn’t write info to that column and it doesn’t seem to compute anything?

As I understand it, this is an action to show a popup on the user’s device asking them if they want to allow notifications.

I used that previously but now they have this push notification access granted option which you can send the result to a specific column so you know who has allowed notifications. It seems to be working, but i’m not sure i’m doing this all correctly. I suppose these features were all created very recently so hopefully the documentation and help videos will come out soon👍

The small Docs link in blue only shows info about request and send, not access granted. (i’m sure all will be revealed soon👏)

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure about that one.

I use this request to send push notifications action to my button but it did not show popup on my iphone. I clicked on access granted button before and it gave me ‘false’ on my data.

What did I do wrong? Please help

I haven’t worked with that integration so I’m not sure. I also don’t have an iPhone, so can’t help much with that either.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah yeah!!!

1 Like

Thank you for replying :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am trying to use Push Notification on the new iPhone. I created 3 buttons, 1 to allow notification, 1 to check the status if the access is granted and 1 to send the notification to all users. Still, no notification… The status is saying true, so the device has allowed notifications. Can someone help me with it?

There’s an ongoing problem with push notifications, since last week. I think it’s not related to how you set it up.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I’ll be waiting for some updates on that issue.

I’m also having trouble with Push Notification on my iPhone. There was a popup screen that asked whether I wanted push notification from Glide and I answered yes, but I haven’t been able to receive any notifications. I also don’t see the Glide app in the list of apps in my iOS System Settings Notification panel. If this is part of the problem that is still being worked out, I will gladly await the solution but if it’s something that I’m doing then I’d like to request assistance. Thank you!

They have been working on fixing it since something changed and broke the iOS integration a few weeks ago.

The official word we got is “These issues are largely out of Glide’s hands - and will take quite a while for us to get resolved. I want to be clear that this will not be resolved quickly, but because of that don’t think it isn’t a priority for us.”

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.