REPOST REPOST | GDPR Help!

I’m reposting this. Time zones may have impacted on the response. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi All!

I’m getting close to soft launching my app and have just stumbled across the dreaded GDPR threads.

Based in Ireland which is basically GDPR hell. In relation to sign up my app is only concerned with collecting emails addresses of companies who would like to upload a profile. Everything else is public.

Is the current functionality sign check box and links to privacy, data, cookies policies sufficient?

Does Glide have any access to the signed in user data or am I as the app owner the data controller. Would really appreciate input from somebody who has got around the Gdpr issue or perhaps there’s nothing to worry about.

If Glide can not be made GDPR compliant I’ve just wasted a lot of time and I would argue even though the product is amazing, customers should be made aware of this issue before purchasing, if in fact there is an issue!

Thanks in advanc

Hi @Anthony_Murray, there are a number of topics in the forum on GDPR.

Namely this one:

Which lead to a feature release:

Many thanks @nathanaelb. Great to have the option to add links to relevant consents and docs. In relation to the data stored on the Google sheet, I’m assuming that I am the data controller and glide dont have access to this data?

Hey @Anthony_Murray, are you related to Andy? (If so, I’ve got a message.)

Glide has access to the data in your sheets.

Glide has read/write rights to the data stored in Google Sheets, as well as the data in the Glide Data Editor and Glide Tables. That is how Glide builds an app for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@nathanaelb I’m afraid not. A different Murray clan! Thanks for all your help.

3 Likes