Re-appearing button on next visit

Dear @Darren_Murphy ,
I want to record the time by asking the user’s willingness to fill in the fields in the edit form by pressing the yes/no button. And if it turns out that the user did not fill in the field, I want the button to reappear on the next visit. What logic can I use?
Thanks

So this is something that each user only needs to do once?

The usual way to do something like this would be to set a date/time column with some time in the future, and then use visibility conditions to show a component once the current time is after that timestamp. Then if the user still chooses not to do it, you reset the timestamp so that they get reminded again after a period of time.

This is essentially creating a “nag” screen, where you’re telling the user “if you don’t do this, I’m going to keep annoying you about it until you do it”

Is that what you are looking for?

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, this is what I mean.

So, I need to create two timestamp columns, where the following one column is used to define the time duration that governs the next button occurrence.
Are there no conditions under which the visit is based?

There is no simple way to base it on “visits”, because most users will be kept logged in, even if they close the app. So the simplest approach is to base it on elapsed time. So for example, let’s say you want to want to show it once every 24 hours.

• Create a single date/time column in your User Profiles table
  • Create a math column using the formula Now + 1, where now is the current date/time
  • Create an if-then-else column:
    – If date/time column is empty, then true (this covers the case where it’s their first time opening the app)
    Else if date/time is before the math column, then true
    – Else if date/time is before Now, then true
    – Else empty
  • Now use that if-then-else column to control the component visibility, ie. show the component/s when that column is true
  • If the user chooses to dismiss the screen without filling in the form, then use an action to set the date/time column to the value of the math column. This will have the effect of “hiding” it for 24 hours.
  • If you want a shorter or longer delay, just adjust the formula in the math column.

@Himaladin I just re-read what I wrote there and realised there was an error in my logic. I’ve corrected that.

4 Likes

Got it.
Thank U very much.

It’s OK. I just need to catch the concept.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.