Option A: In the Glide Data Editor
- Go to your “User entry” tab (in the Glide Data Editor).
- Create a relation column which you can call “Site codes relation”
- In “from” select “Side code”. In “with/to” select “Site codes” tab and “Sites codes” column.
- Leave multiple match unchecked.
- Create a second column which will be a lookup column: lookup the “Managers Email Address” column from the “Site codes relation” column.
If anything here is unclear, have you had at look at Glide’s documentation and videos? They are very well done.
Option B: Formulas in Google Sheets
You can use a vlookup() formula or if you want to be a little bit more fancy an index(match()) combination. For your app, I recommend you stick to the Glide Data Editor as this is good practice. Your app aside, it won’t hurt if you play around with vlookup and index-match, those two formulas are useful.
The relation+lookup combo in the GDE allows you to do an index+match in GS. Whenever possible, you should process data in the GDE rather than in GS to reduce lag.