PREVIEW: Inline Template

Hello Fellow Gliders,

Is there anyone that has an idea what this does? I have activated it in preview mode but i still cant figure out what it is for or how to test it.
Thanks

Add a Text component to a screen, and start typing with @

5 Likes

Aha…Thanks Darren. I only tried with a text entry component and it did nothing. So its the text component i should have used.

I’m anticipating @NoCodeAndy to have a Nobel-worthy post to announce this feature officially because it will save so much time.

3 Likes

I’m very excited about this. I asked for it a year ago but with little upvotes :smiley: Dynamic Text (& I don't mean template columns)

I have found that it works in the actual text component - and not yet the text data field on other components containing more data than a single text.

Not quite Nobel-worthy, but here you go:

Inline Templates are currently limited to the Text component.

Use the @ sign to pull values from a data column. This should save you from having to create a bunch of unnecessary template columns in your data source.

We’re announcing the open beta preview in tomorrow’s community update.

4 Likes

Update: We’ve just expanded the scope of inline templating across more components and actions. :slight_smile:

Bring your questions + comments to the announcement thread:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.