Possible Issue - Is the Single Value First/Last not working properly?

Hi folks, i have set up a Single Value to read from a user specific column but it does not seem to be working properly. This was not the case a couple days ago.

Basically i have a temp user specific column (only 1 row entry for the user) which pulls the value into a single value for comparison against all other records.

Have tested from start / from end options to succesfully pull the value from the specified row.

but First and Last seems to only pull from row 0 and last row instead of skipping blank rows to pull the first possible value as intended.

Thanks!

??? USC pulls value into a single value??? that statement makes no sense…
can you explain deferent way and maybe attach some screenshots?

I’m not aware that Single Value First and Last has ever worked that way (ie. skipped blank rows).
First should always take the first value, regardless of whether it is empty or not.
And ditto for Last.

1 Like

Thanks Darren, i guess i have gotten confused on this function of first/last value for the single values (that it doesn’t skip blanks). I can’t recall but i may have then been editing in the first row when it worked.

Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Thanks Uzo, basically was trying to pull a single value of the dates you see in the columns (event picker) to compare with existing dates and check for clashes.

Darren clarified that First wont pull the data from the row shown cos it doesnt skip the blanks. it just pulls the actual first row (0) which was blank.

Thanks!

1 Like

I think you can try this instead.

Use a lookup column, pointing to the column you want to take the value from.

Take the first value of that array from single value column.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks Thinh! Thats neat!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.