Option to Keep Components When Changing Sheet

I think there should be an option to keep your components, when changing the sheet being used, be it for tabs, buttons, etc.

I’m reworking parts of my app and having to essentially build it from scratch again. If components were to stay how they were, I could point them to the correct columns in the new sheet instead of having to build them all over again.

6 Likes

Yes, this is all throughout Glide. If you create a compound action that is really complex you will not be able to save it to use elsewhere either. They are working on these solutions though.

4 Likes

@Drearystate congrats :tada:! I like regulars!

3 Likes

Agree with you @Jen_NYCP. Apps which are taking us unnecessary weeks to build, we could deliver in as little as few days or in some cases hours. You have my vote.

2 Likes

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Wiz, to tell you a little secret. The only app that has taken me more than 4 hours to build is the ones for work. The christmas apps in some cases took maybe 45 minutes. The messenger app took initially 2 hours to build and because we have added to it I think it has exceeded 4 hours maybe.

2 Likes

Yes it would be great, mine has alot of components, so in for another long haul. At least I have an idea of what I want it to look like already. :relieved:

1 Like

I’m sorry…I will say one of the things I did to ease the pain of this was use scripts that when triggered they would write dynamic formulas to replace these tedious tasks of rebuilding in Glide.

2 Likes

Yes, I saw the ability to copy components and/or tabs is in talks. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

I’ve been working on an app for months! You’re so amazing at glide!

1 Like

I don’t think I’m any better than anyone else. I think when I build apps I know exactly what I need before I start and I don’t really run into many walls when creating them. It’s more of I guess I know what Glide can and cannot do and I either build the app (if it is for myself) in my own app creator www.simmonsdealersolutions.com or I build it in Adalo or from scratch. It’s more I think is I have options that I am very familiar with.

3 Likes

Besides, if you ever want access to my app builder just message me, I will add you as a user. It’s nothing like Glide and is module based. I don’t charge for anyone to use it. Some Gliders use it for other projects but the 2 are no code solutions they are literally as opposite as black and white when it comes to how you approach an app. I wouldn’t even say they are competitors in any way(obviously, mine is privately owned and operated and has no fees associated with it and only 1 developer).

2 Likes

You are officially one of my favorite people on this forum.

2 Likes